Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
According to the American Heart Association and the CDC, here are some tips to stay heart-healthy this Valentine's Day!
- Send a 'special' someone a health-e-card to remind them this is also Heart Health Month!
- Love yourself by visiting the My Life Check tool, which helps you identify health risks/goals.
- Instead of going out on a date-night, maybe stay in and cook a hearth-healthy recipe!
- If you choose to go out, here are some heart-healthy tips for dining at restaurants.
- If looking forward to a nice meal, include fish, some of which have great health benefits.
- One of the most romantic things you can do for your heart is give up smoking for your Valentine.
- Spread love (not germs) by using proper hand-washing techniques.
- If you are going on a romantic getaway, learn about healthy travel tips.
- Don't forget to show some love to your pets. Learn about pet/human health here.
Receive 25 POINTS when you check in at the Healthy Lifestyles Booth at the Benefit's Fair on Feb. 24th between 10am-7pm at the Government Center's North Atrium. We will be discussing Go Red, our February Heart Health campaign!